Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Divine Dialogue




The Author of the Book of Hebrews was moved by the Holy Spirit to draw from the Scriptures, largely from the Psalms , verses that allow us to listen  in to an internal conversation that God has within Himself,  these verses are "the Divine Dialogue".

The  Language of Accommodation 

  I want to ask you to understand that  the whole of the Bible is written in the "Language of Accommodation" that is God has spoken to us , that is humanity,  in a way that we can almost understand  these great eternal things, we being limited can never fully grasp and understand a God Who, in every way , defies description.  There are no  words in any Language here upon the Earth or even in the mouths of angels above to speak of the Great God as He is. He is high above all. What we do comprehend we only do so through revelation and the Holy Spirit's leading.

During this Holy Dialogue, this  conversation, it is the Father speaking , then the Son, and the Holy Spirit. At times the verses speak for each . Yet always speaking in Love and honor one for another.

The Eternal God brings us into this conversation through the Hebrew's Epistle and we join it through Jesus Christ .He  allows us to see the reckoning that the Great God has for His Son Jesus Christ, and the honor that Has been placed upon Him by The Father. The human writer then added commentary for us, giving us understand about the conversation.


The Father to The Son , and All of Us.

After some introductory comments the writer of the Hebrews Epistle begins giving us understand that the focus of the conversation is Jesus Christ and His place of supremacy,    then we  hear the Father speak of His Son Jesus Christ.
 
The Father to Jesus: "You are my Son; today I have become your Father"? Or again,To ALL "I will be his Father, and he will be my Son"? Heb:1:5


At the Incarnation, The Father to Angel: "Let all God's angels worship Him." Heb:1:6


The The Holy Spirit to All, About the Angels;"He makes his angels winds, his servants flames of fire." Heb:1:7

The Father to Jesus:, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy." Heb:1:8-9

The Father  to Jesus: "In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands.They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment.You will roll them up like a robe; like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end." Heb:1:10-12

The Holy Spirit :"To which of the angels did God ever say, "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet"? Heb:1:13

The Holy Spirit to The Father About Humanity: "What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?You made him a little lower than the angels; you crowned him with glory and honor and put everything under his feet."Heb:2:6-8

Jesus To The Father About Church/Humanity:"I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises. "I will put my trust in him." And again he says, "Here am I, and the children God has given me." Heb:2:12-13

The Holy Spirit to Church/Humanty  About  Israel:"Today, if you hear his voice,do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the desert,where your fathers tested and tried me and for forty years saw what I did.That is why I was angry with that generation, and I said, 'Their hearts are always going astray, and they have not known my ways.So I declared on oath in my anger, 'They shall never enter my rest.'" Heb:3:7-11

The Holy Spirit to Church:"Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion." Heb:3:15

The Holy Spirit to Church About Israel:"So I declared on oath in my anger, 'They shall never enter my rest."Heb:4:3

The Holy Spirit Pleads with Humanity: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts." Heb:4:7

The Father's Oath  Declared to Jesus About His Priesthood: "You are my Son; today I have become your Father."You are my Son; today I have become your Father." Heb:5:5-6

The Father's Oath  Declared Again to Jesus:"You are a priest forever,in the order of Melchizedek The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind:You are a priest forever.’' Heb:7:17, 21 

Jesus Christ About Israel & the Covenants: “The time is coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord" Heb:8:8-9

Jesus Christ About Israel-Humanity & the New Covenant: "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time, declares the Lord.I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me,from the least of them to the greatest. For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more" Heb:8:7-11

Jesus to The Father, About His Incarnation and Sacrifice: "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,but a body you prepared for me;with burnt offerings and sin offerings you were not pleased. Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—I have come to do your will, O God" Heb:10:5-7

The Holy Spirit to Humanity About Forgiveness: "This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.Their sins and lawless acts. I will remember no more" Heb:10:16-17

The Holy Spirit to Christian About Keeping Faith and Jesus' Coming: "He who is coming will come and will not delay. But my righteous one will live by faith.And if he shrinks back,I will not be pleased with him" Heb:10:37-38

The Father to Christians, About the Correction of Love: “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline and do not lose heart when he rebukes you because the Lord disciplines those he loves,and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son" Heb:12:5-6


The Father, Son & Holy Spirit :To Christians About His Faithfulness: "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you" Heb:13:5

We to God About  our Confidence Because of Who He Is:“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.What can man do to me?" Heb:13:4

We have been given the great blessing of Divine Revelation about Who He is and His Love for us that flows out in such abundance, that He has brought us into a relationship with His very self,  and through Jesus, we have been given the privilege to be included in, and to  join in this Holy  Divine Dialogue  ...Amen


Rev.Todd Crouch, Pastor
Fountain of Life Church
Washington, Pa 
Fountain of Life Broadcast heard on RKP Radio 1710 & 1670 in Washington, Pa.
And online around the world at www.rkpradio.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment